Sunday, January 08, 2012

2011 was not exactly my favourite year but still, a super important year for me.


I enlisted in early Feb last year. I had to spend so much time away from my family and friends. It taught me how valuable time really is. I used to be all friends. In the past, I hung out with my friends during the weekends rather than staying at home with my parents. I had a lot of time to think about stuff and after being shagged out from all the walking bashing fighting with the heavy loads, I thought about my mum and dad a lot. I realised that I really really missed them.


One time during Brunei, I smuggled my phone out and called them while hiding in a toilet cubicle ( we weren't allowed to use our phones then). They took turns talking to me on the phone. Hearing Shalyn's giggles, her saying that she misses (first time ever) and my Dad being proud of me made me really really homesick. And when my mom told me stuff like she misses seeing my smile and she will cook all of my favourite food when im back just killed me there. Longest one month of my life.


At the end of the day all I pretty much wanted to was to go home and see them.


As for my friends, sorry if I didnt put in enough effort to maintain the relationship. Sorry for letting go again. Sorry for always wanting to stay at home (I'm super homely). Sorry for always being really tired. I'm also thankful for you who wouldnt take no for an answer and come harass me at my house. I'm really grateful that you bothered.



In all, 2011 made me realise how important my family was to me.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.