Monday, September 16, 2013

Growing up in a christian family, I never really 'discovered God'. It wasn't a choice for me at the start. I go to church every Sunday because I had to. And it became a way of life, a sort of habit. Because I want to? or because I had to? I really hate 'pushing my beliefs' onto others and thats why I don't really approach the topic of religion with my friends. There have been many times I have been really hesitant in telling people my beliefs.

Christianity is difficult because it expects a lot from you. People expect a lot from you. Restrictions. Do I really want to live my life like that? Living in a secular environment, there were so many instances where I have to reject popular culture because it opposes my christian values. It's the right thing to do but do I really want to spend my whole life doing the 'right thing'?

If anything, I don't want to be a hypocrite.


0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.