Friday, April 10, 2015

Expiry date

You'll hate me but that's okay

Earlier today, I was scrolling through my Facebook profile till 2008. Back then, I was still regularly posting (overtly attention seeking) status updates and people actually commented and started conversations with me. 








Seriously hahahahaha

Currently other than a select few(two), I don't actually talk to any of them. Truthfully, I would consider most of them acquaintances. While I'd love to catch up with some of them over coffee or something, chances are, the relationship would never be the same as it was then. 

No, it's not a case of 'shit realizing that I'm losing all my friends'. Rather, I recognise that circumstances change. We don't see each other on a daily basis in school anymore. Hearts were broken. Promises weren't kept. We grew up. Our personalities changed. 

The circumstances of my relationship with the people above are unique and once it changes, in a certain sense we bid farewell to each other. That being said, hell it doesn't mean what we shared meant nothing to me. 

because you'll go on to meet other new people and eventually forget about me. 

“People come, people go – they’ll drift in and out of your life, almost like characters in a favorite book. When you finally close the cover, the characters have told their story and you start up again with another book, complete with new characters and adventures. Then you find yourself focusing on the new ones, not the ones from the past.”

Life goes on. It's 6 am and I'm friggin starving. *groans*

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.